Whatever type of the transaction you are making through our services, it is your responsibility to verify the legitimacy of the beneficiary to whom you are providing money transfer to. E.g. the seller of a product or the provider of a service.
Some common fraud scenarios you should be aware of :
- Being required to pay a fee before receiving a loan, package from a courier.
- Sweepstakes, prize, or lottery company representatives who tell you to transfer money to them in order to claim a prize you have won.
- Unsolicited letters or e-mails from Nigeria or other foreign government officials requesting assistance to transfer funds from a foreign country into your bank account.
- Telephone calls from the police claiming someone you know has been in an accident or arrested and money is needed.
- Unsolicited letters or e-mails offering an unrealistic price for expensive or difficult to find items.
- Any proposal from a stranger to pay in advance for any service or an item.
- Any invoice which was not sent from a verified source and was not confirmed by the issuer directly.